Sunday, June 14, 2015

Addendum to Passed, Present & Future

FRIENDS!!

I forgot to mention in yesterday's blog that I will be a guest blogger for a wonderful feminist podcast called Vagina Chronicles. 

If you are a guy or girl with feminist leanings, please check them out: vaginachroniclespodcast.com 

They are also on iTunes, where you can listen to each episode from the past 2 years.

I'm really excited and honored to be doing this because, aside from being a spy, being a blogger is what I'd most love to do with my life.

This will be different from my own personal blog where I just ramble & get silly. I will be covering serious topics about life on this planet as a biological female, particularly as a survivor of sexual abuse.

I know it may seem weird that right as I begin my gender transition, I will be doing something with such a feminist slant. But I will ALWAYS be a feminist. That is not going to change no matter what physical changes I decide to go through…

I spent enough time on this planet as a female to have a deep understanding of why we need equality & justice for women, and how traditional gender roles can be toxic to both genders.

Also, Vagina Chronicles is male friendly. There have been male guests & survivors of abuse featured on the podcast.

So….I'm pretty excited! And I do want to clarify a couple things from yesterday:

1) I am NOT delighted that workplaces have "male" chores & "female" chores. I am only delighted that I got assigned to do "male chores." I would've happily done the "female chores" if that's what they had asked me to do. I rarely pass as male, and the fact that I did that day is what I was happy about.

2) When I say "shrinky-dink, shy, hunched-up girly-girl," I am only referring to myself as a gender dysphoric person. I don't mean that all girls/women are shy, hunched-up creatures, nor do I think they should be. I am amazed (verily, jealous of) women who are happy and proud to be women. I would give anything to feel that way about being a woman. I've tried very hard to feel that way about being a woman.


But…I know I am a dude. A feminist dude : )

No comments:

Post a Comment