Sunday, May 31, 2015

Vogonball Championships

Hello Friends,

I hope you are well. I am feeling pretty good these days,

But realize my nervous system is like the solar system--vast & unattainable

In its far-reaching dimensions & I'm only renting space in it until it

Kicks me out.

And since last summer, it keeps trying to kick me out

Every few weeks/months/days.

************

This blog is a funny thing…it is my way of talking

Without having to call anyone on a phone and force them

To listen to my voice, or worse getting in their personal space & rambling on & on & on

All the stuff I ramble on quietly about in print. Lately,

I mostly write on & on about the choice I've made to transition from the one true gender

To the other true gender (because there are only 2 true genders in this world)

But I'm going to do something different now--

Instead of writing here about transitioning & all its convolutions 

I'm going to do that on my fabulous Tumblr page,

(Which I created to connect to more transitioning people, but which

Is mostly a younger crowd.) I will write my short, random confession-style

Thoughts about transitioning here: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/vindicationdonkeystar

Also---whenever I put the word 'Vogon' in the title of a blog, it gets tons of hits

From Russia

(and when there is a big airplane crash -- which there hasn't been in awhile -- my

Short story 'Distressica Finds The Source Of Happiness'  gets lots of hits)

Just some patterns I've noticed…patterns…patterns…blogosphere pitter-patter

Stream-of-conscious non-threatening pansexual jibber-jabber.

Speaking of which!!! Here are some Vogon poems from early this year. Enjoy.

**********************

PHANTOMS FLYING OFF THE SHELF


Despite a hundred percent

Price hike

Back-ordered til Independence

Day – all single-malt drinking

Single dads and beer-swilling

Basement dwellers observe

The layaway lent

Til availability extends its hand

Til wrought iron fortresses flap

Like veils of Maya

Then leak like sieves and thread-

Bare doormats

Not committed to geospatial

Relations


Not all snipers make

Good nannies

What can we, the

Undisciplined

Aerialists modify to make

The phantom obey?

To convince the lark to spy

Or swallow anthrax?

To deliver boy band contraband

To Sasha & Malia

(by the way, can they come

out and play?)

The sprinklers, honestly

The worthiest defense

Spray them like mosquitos

From the sky,

Droning to their deaths as

Well-compensated sentinels

Decide there’s some playfulness

In the grave


Your phantom,

When it arrives,

When you fondle its

Dynamic and delicate parts—

and take them gently apart—

Will resonate only in the

Pathways of bats

Over drinks w/ a trusted

Yet disadvantaged neighbor who

Can’t wait to share in your

Reputable mission

You release

Your outgoing phantom & promise

It will find its intended 

Target by 3 a.m.

While you guide it from

Your inner wasteland

1-30-15

****************
Ancient unfinished art c. 1990 Just 'cuz

EVERYONE KNOWS

Everyone knows laughter is for
Fools who dropped out of
Society and can't find the ropes
To drop back in…

Everyone knows
A woman who is 8 heads tall
And wears a size zero shoe

Everyone knows 
A man w/ a beard who has won
A modern day sword fight

Everyone knows how to write code
Everyone knows how to make a tunafish sandwich

Everyone knows the difference
Between "sex" and "gender"
Everyone still calls me 'Miss! Miss!
Ma'am!'

Everyone wishes they could
Board a spaceship & feel the
Consolation
Of leaving this planet behind

Everyone loves being green

Everyone can blithely say
'I would wear a sexy dress if my boss
Wouldn't see a picture of it
On Facebook'

Everyone loves Halloween
But dreads Secretary's Day

Everyone's ear is tuned to a
Different frequency
But none are equipped with
Volume knobs

Everyone's eye sees what it
Wants to see & ignores
What it doesn't

Everyone's mouth is made
Of the same meat it eats

Everyone including me

4-12-15

*******************

UNDER CONSTRUCTION

I planned to contribute to the million-line poem
But decided to write a poem of my own
I don't already have enough of them
Like children & courage, poems are scarce
Around here…

I need to make an effort
To put this line here & carefully
Place this one right below it

Focusing on what I want to say
Like cameras & corneas collaborating on
One point of view
My poem looks like

A rezoned neighborhood
And now my doorbell rings
Witnesses or joint casers
For I know it's not a friend 
Indeed

I can't make people stay
Yet I can't make them go away
I'm not pregnant
And never will be…I've had a vasectomy
My binder glows in the black light

This is all making sense now

The moon cries
Through every social media guru
Preaching 'Crying is for the infirm,
The ungrateful, the weak,
The unevolved!!'
I've seen the stars & your transformation

You are spellbinding
I am still under construction
It will take the rest of my life
Just to change my name

5-2-15

**************

There you are, Friends. If you are still reading, I hope you are having a good evolutionary time period. And I'll see you next time--it's been a while since I made a horrible music video for you. And I've written a few new songs, so…perhaps next time, something from the Garage!

2 comments:

  1. Happy Vogonball Championship Day! I love you new Tumblr Sanctuary. It's so masculine. You know Vogon Poetry is my favorite. It speaks a multidimensional language to my inner brain and triggers subordinate neural responses that are life affirming and transcendental. These two are classics. PHANTOMS FLYING OFF THE SHELF is layered with windows into other realms. "Not all snipers make Good nannies..." is a key example as is "Focusing on what I want to say
    Like cameras & corneas collaborating on One point of view..." from UNDER CONSTRUCTION, but EVERYONE KNOWS "Everyone's mouth is made
    Of the same meat it eats..." says it the best.

    Untangle the knot that is my mind with the deft fingers of your Vogon Poetry.

    Moonchild

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Moonchild, I'm glad your mind is coming untangled--it sucks to have tangled neurons. PHANTOMS FLYING OFF THE SHELF was submitted to Rattle Poets Respond when that drone crashed on the White House lawn. The other two are purely self-indulgent. I don't know if the Tumblr will be effective or is a good idea at all, but I found the FTM confession page & wanted to join in on the anonymous conversation...

      Delete