Saturday, February 6, 2016

Adventures in Underachievement

Here's the thing, Friends

So out of focus lately

So much incoming data…so much of my favorite stuff becoming 'just stuff'

It's a processing error moreso than a lack of inspiration, but...

I'm too old for the sharp twinge of inspiration…my brain is crammed with a lifetime of thoughts memories emotions sensory overload

Sensory shock sensory awe sensory exhaustion

Can I pick through the landfill and salvage what I'll need for the rest of my days?

I don't even know if I can manage that sort of sorting…

******Here's The Thing********

I used to clamor for androgyny

"The world should be less concerned with masculine & feminine and just BE," I used to say

And I meant it.

I still want that.

And now it's happening.

What I didn't realize was how painful the transformation would be.

As I've been known to exclaim, "Ouch! Evolution hurts!"

It does. But it will all be worth it when we've aligned our hearts/minds to a life w/out such binary restrictions/privileges.

********


COMING SOON TO THE OCTOPUS DIARY:

The Adventures of SHELTER CAT & TRUST FUND BABY


As if I don't already have enough unpaid, self-indulgent projects going on--here's another one. I hope you'll enjoy it.

1 comment:

  1. "Ouch! Evolution hurts!” - VJW. It is so true. I am so pumped for your adventure in Anima reality in the guise of Shelter Cat and Trust Fund Baby! Simple has always been more complex than it seemed and now we know why. Love the Artwork. I want more!

    ReplyDelete