Sunday, August 2, 2015

Magenta Is The New Ivory

Carefully Curated Friends,

The ocean is strong & outgoing
But it's deep & murky & mysterious too...

I look up to the ocean
As if it were the sky

And know someday I will 
Kick & splash its cloudiness away

And find hidden treasure
To make better
Lives on dry land

***BREAKING NEWS***

CNN is a FOX in the middle of the road

It says "worst case scenario"
When it means "nothing at all"

It says emergency
When it means false alarm

If I ever hear Anderson Cooper proclaim
In a journalistic tone
To be a "person of faith, but…"  --(dot, dot, dot implying
The right side of the bird is flapping
Maniacally & making circles around its
Destination)--

I'll lose my mind in front of the whole, impartial human race

***********************************
Friend Art #1  -- This friend used to astound me in high school w/ her pencil drawings. Here is one she copied on gel photo paper. It kinda gives the pencil a purplish hue. I really dig that!


It was finally time to become an 
Adult

(or just "adult" as a verb, as the hipsters say)

So I unpacked my heart &
Put all my unlived dreams away & the funny thing is--
They all fit in one suitcase

I've seen adults with dreams pushing
On their closet doors, screaming
From behind all the high school whatnot &
College what for

It may seem to some observers 
I got a heavy 45-year long-playing
Childhood rotation

But I assure you in childhood
I was a rotten old soul 
Dropping from a skeletal family tree

A filthy overachieving teen
Once I hit the dirt and got some traction
With my seeds

But barely survived my 20s
As every sunrise tried to take away from me
What fantasies irrigated my soul

Then around 33, I got to choose 
How many regressions per minute
I wanted to spin counterclockward

The big universal tiger roar
Told me to have a happy middle-age
And I did
I did
I did

I hid…and knew laughter & the creative spark &
Ice cream for breakfast & building forts w/ bourbon bottles &
The goosebumps of my own family's ghost stories

Friend Art #2 -- Here is one by a friend whose whacky imagination and sense of humor w/ shape & line I have admired for a long time


I'm not narcissistic
Because I'm in love w/ myself
I'm narcissistic 
Because I am alive & a science project &
A playground.

I've looked at you &
You are narcissists too

That is not a crime.

We can be narcissists, altruists. activists &
Contributors to the great 
Science experiment on the 
Playground…

Good day.

Friend Art #3 -- Here is a sketch done by my fabulous Moonface while we were doing our radio show. He is a very talented artist, designer & architect. 


[I hope you enjoy my friends' artwork as much as you've always adored mine. I like to see what our minds can do--we can all draw from the inside out…good, bad, impressions, expressions, realism, phantasm…don't judge…just 'NnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnjOy!!!!

I'll have plenty more art for ya this summer. And I will do something new in the goth garage---singing alone. Guitaring solo. Because really…I am not so great at doing them both in the same moment.


I'm happy. I'm scared. I'm panicking. I'm a person, still.]

No comments:

Post a Comment