Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Slow Leak Of Consciousness

FRIENDS:

How are you? I am good…busy…but not using busy as an excuse not to check in with you & let you know

I'm still alive

And narcissistic.

Life is zooming by like a tortoise on a bullet train. The days drag, the years accelerate

And accumulate and leave me feeling irrelevant,

Though somehow, by some magical technicality, also feeling like the most

Relevant person alive at 8:13 a.m. on July 22, 2015

How does this work???? Seriously…it must happen in the temporal lobe.

New version of the 8 alter egos


******

BREAKING OCTOPUS DIARY NEWS

Armadillos carry leprosy, I repeat, ARMADILLOS

Carry LEPROSY [??????]

That news does indeed break me.

Into little centipede chunks. Segments, I guess you'd call them.

"They" say, 'Never trust a person who doesn't like a dog.'

"I" say, 'Never trust a person whom your cat does not like.'

"I" am "they" and we are both right.

Now go out & get yourself a parrot. Or a drone. They don't need anyone's trust or approval.

Experimental nursery school art


************

BREAKING CENTIPEDE NEWS SEGMENT

How much hate can live in Donald Trump's head nest?

Since he stores all his eggs in towers across the country, 

I'm guessing LOTS OF HATE.

Last summer was a scary fire to walk through…Last year planes were falling from the sky…

This is the year of the shark-bite, the Republican-clusterfuck, the If-I-die-in-police-custody

Hashtag-hashbrown-skintag-price-to-pay-for-being-black-and-having-American-hyphenate-blood-and

Freedom-type-boundaries & limitations-far-from-the-sky-on-roads-less-traveled-now-that-they-are

So-treacherous

This is the year your car could be hacked instead of hijacked

This is beyond the future--it is a dystopian backlash caused by too many people existing @ once

Dot commune. Dot botched fantasy. Dot shoot!

[No filter]

Vivian Boy w/ Balanced Chakras. My phone works better than our scanner, dammit


*************

This summer I am in waiting mode. This is okay---waiting is better than breaking down.

Last summer was terrifying…but I forgot to mention how scary winter was too --- the 14/15 border

Patrolled by earthquake forces.

But now I wait.

I am the patient.

I is good at patiency. Most of times.

As long as times don't end & the clock keeps horsing around like a heartbeat…

I will race toward the borders of my new voice…I will look for new floors

To dance on…Search for a new garage to be goth in…Find new rooms to fill with

Presence…and never cut the ribbon of the past so drastically wrestled to the mat,

But not denied or forgotten…

The tears of salt water/jet fuel cleared a path for take-off!

Oh, and I have some art for you…..

The 8 again--our scanner scans cool & cooler tones only


[taking inspiration from a friend, I'm doing a drawing-a-day for July/Aug. The sad thing is--I don't feel very arty right now. I am so immersed in writing that the art part of my brain is numbed significantly. I guess it's best to keep it on life support by forcing creativity daily….the results aren't always pretty, but it's the effort that counts right now : )) 

And I've decided in my next blog I will share some art by my friends…'mmmmmkay]


See you soon, friends, in the Octopus's Garden Variety Centipeep Talent Show!

1 comment:

  1. It's great to see the Centipede-flash dance-art show therapy park massing on the inter webs again. Love the Art. I am so inspired by the commitment to Art-A-Day project. You are producing some very cool stuff. Your Nursery School Rainbow Hands, New and Blue Alternate '8' and Vivian Boy are some of the best. You are a fountain of creativity and talent. It is common for Artist being unaware of their talents or the excellents of their Art.

    I love your description of being a "Turtle on a Train". It captures the Yin and Yang of you journey through this land of discontent. You inspire and amaze me daily and long for the time when you can see you as I do and the ancient eyes of dysphoria are shut for ever. Vin-on my Love and be the person you can be and find peace in this crazy world. Peace.

    ReplyDelete